Potato and cod pie ( Sformato di merluzzo e patate )
Our original home cooking
Potato and cod pie is a recipe that I often do when I have kids at my table. They eat it willingly and often ask for it a second time. I also find it very useful when I have to prepare dishes for a meal, buffet-style. Mediterranean diet recipe.
time: 1 hour 50 minutes
calories: 251 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 800g (1 3/4 pound) fresh cod fillets
- 1.1kg (2.4 pounds) potatoes
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 aromatic bunch (bouquet garnì) with parsley, basil and chives
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
13 % -
Protein: 26.8 (g) 54 % GDA
Total fat: 4.5 (g) 7 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 27.4 (g) 11 % GDA
Sugars: 0.6 (g) 1 % GDA
cooking: about 80 minutes
total: 1 hour 50 minutes
Download free PDF version (141 download).
Recipe for cod and potato pie
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare all ingredients.
Meanwhile clean, wash and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper fresh herbs.
Cut cod fillets into big pieces.
Purée it together with egg and aromatic herbs.
When potatoes are cooked, peel and mash them.
- - Assemble ingredients.
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Mix fish with potatoes and Parmesan cheese.
Season to taste with salt and stir again.
If your mixture is too soft, add other Parmesan cheese.
Spoon your mixture into a silicone deep pudding tin.
If you haven't got such tin, oil a pudding tin and sprinkle plain dried breadcrumbs inside before placing your mixture.
Level its surface.
- - Baking.
Bake until the surface is golden.
Just before serving
- - Serve your pie warm after turning it upside down on a serving plate.
- - You can also use frozen fish. In this case thaw it before using.
- - Use dried aromatic herbs if you haven't fresh ones.
- - It's an ahead dish. You can prepare it in advance and warm it up just before serving.
- - You can accompany this dish with a green salad.
- - You can serve it as a second course or in a meal, buffet-style. In the last case it serves more people.
- - Despite the presence of potatoes, as you can see, calories and fat are completely acceptable but keep in mind that the portion is not big.
What's the right wine for " Potato and cod pie "?
Our suggestion is a good white wine such as Regaleali Bianco (a wine from Sicily - Italy).