Sea bream with olives ( Orata con le olive )
Our original home cookingI prepare sea bream with olives in the pan. Its cooking is very fast. The recipe is good and ideal for your family dinner. The only problem is filleting fish. Recipe for the Mediterranean diet.
time: 50 minutes
calories: 319 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 600g (1 1/3 pound) medium-size sea breams
- 20g (3/4 ounce) black olives, sliced
- 20g (3/4 ounce) green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Half a glass of white wine
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon spicy olive oil, if you like
- medium difficulty
- Time: preparation: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
16 % -
Protein: 41.3 (g) 83 % GDA
Total fat: 16.1 (g) 24 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 2.3 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 2.3 (g) 3 % GDA
cooking: 20 minutes
total time: 50 minutes
Download free PDF version (158 download).
Recipe for sea bream with olives
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare sea breams.
Clean, scale and fillet fish.
- - Cooking sea breams.
Put olive oil, vinegar, wine, spicy oil (if you like), olives, rosemary and bay leaf in a non-stick frying pan.
Bring to a boil and add fish fillets after 5 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and cook over low heat until cooking juice is well retduced.
Turn over fish fillets a couple of times so that they can be cooked and flavored well on all sides.
Turn over your fillets gently because they tend to break easily.
Just before turning off the stove add parsley and chives.
Just before serving
- - Serve your sea bream fillets hot, sprinkled with their cooking juice in individual plates.
- - This is a simple-to-do and healthy recipe.
- - If you have difficulty to fillet sea breams, you can cook them whole, making sure to increase the amount of wine and cooking time and fill the inside of your fish with some ingredients.
- - Use fresh chives and flat-leaf parsley when in season as you can see in the photo.
- - This sea bream recipe is very simple, genuine and healthy. Ideal for your family menu and your children too as long as you add no spicy oil.
- - You can do sea bream fillets with olives throughout the year. In summer (the best season) with caught fish in the Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean and in all other seasons with the frozen fillets or farmed fish.
- - The presence of olives raises a little calories and fat in this recipe with sea bream fillets. For this reason it is better to accompany it only with a seasonal green salad or, alternatively, raw or boiled vegetables. But be careful with dressing. You can accompany your main dish with a piece of bread (40g - 1 1/2 ounce).
- - Remember that sea bream is a low-fat fish.
- - Fiber per serving: only 0.7 grams
What's the right wine for " Sea bream with olives "?
I suggest you to match Regaleali (white wine from Sicily - Italy) to your sea bream fillets with olives.