Crostoni di polenta con gamberi
King prawns & peppers in oil on polenta toasts Our original home cooking
Toasted polenta slices garnished with king prawns and peppers are fairly simple to make and very good. You will make a great impression with your guests! Besides, they are also very quick to make as long as you have cold ready-made polenta. Remember that the simplier you cook the tastier your food will be.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 6 60g (2.1 ounces) polenta slices
- 6 king prawns
- 4 sweet & sour red and yellow pepper strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Few drops soy sauce
preparation: 20 minutes
plus cooling time
cooking: few minutes
total: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 290 (kcal) 15 % GDA (*)- 1217 (kJ)
Protein: 11.1 (g) 23 % GDA
Total fat: 13.5 (g) 20 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 31.6 (g) 12 % GDA
Sugars: n.c. (g)
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (126 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for grilled polenta slices garnished with prawns and bell peppers
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare king prawns.
Boil king prawns for 2 minutes and shell them.
- - Prepare dressing.
Mix olive oil with mustard and soy sauce.
Season to taste with salt.
- - Prepare bell peppers.
Cut bell peppers into thinner strips.
- - Prepare polenta slices.
Grill polenta slices.
- - The last step.
Brush polenta slices with dressing and arrange king prawns and bell peppers on their top.
Just before serving
- - Serve polenta slices at once.
- - You can also use frozen shrimps or prawns. I have always a package of emergency for many different recipes at home.
You can thaw them quickly putting their envelope, well closed, in a pan of cold water.
Anyways, follow the directions suggested in the package for their use because each product must be treated differently.
- - I usually prepare these grilled polenta slices in many different occasions. I find them very good in summer BBQ parties based on seafood. I generally grill and garnish polenta at the beginning to offer guests waiting for grilled seafood. I recommend you to pair them with a glass of wine.
- - Another solution is to prepare them for a snack that could turn into an informal dinner party, even outdoors.
- - They are also excellent in a full menu based on fish. I combine them with marinated salmon or swordfish or smoked tuna, all in thin slices, or other specialties for an assorted antipasto platter. If you think carefully of my idea, you can understand how little time you need to assemble this plate. I think it is very useful, given the short time that we women have generally.
Useful links for this recipe
- - If you want to have other recipes about tidbits to combine with these polenta slices have a look to these directories: canapés, finger food, Italian antipasto ideas and fish.
- - Besides, if you want to know some examples of Italian full menus with fish courses, consult our themed menus.
What's the right wine for " King prawns & peppers in oil on polenta toasts "?My husband and I suggest to pair a good glass of Italian Prosecco to these garnished polenta slices and in your special occasions Prosecco from Conegliano-Valdobbiadene (wine from Veneto).
If you are interested in Veneto, its wines and recipes and the reviews of restaurants where my husband and I ate follow the link :))
Rating: 4.7 / vote cast: 3