Insalata di carne per l'estate
Summer beef salad Our original home cooking
This meat salad is a fast-to-do dish that requires a very short cooking. The best we can wish for. It is fresh, full of seasonal raw vegetables as you can see on the photo. So a healthy dish for the Mediterranean diet. In summer, you shouldn't drink a lot and so I suggest a good beer and, if you can not help but drink wine, a great white. You can read my tips at the bottom of the page.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) beef fillet in a piece
- 200g (7 ounces) green salad you prefer
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) ripe but firm cherry tomatoes
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) red and yellow bell peppers
- 50g (1 3/4 ounce) red young onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Some drops balsamic vinegar
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 5 minutes
total: 25 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 347 (kcal) 18 % GDA (*)- 1453 (kJ)
Protein: 34.1 (g) 69 % GDA
Total fat: 18.2 (g) 26 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 12.5 (g) 5 % GDA
Sugars: 12.5 (g) 14 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (141 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Summer beef salad recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare all the vegetables you need.
Clean, wash and drain green salad.
Clean, wash and pat dry bell peppers with absorbent kitchen paper. Cut into strips.
Wash cherry tomatoes. Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper and halve them.
Put all your vegetables in a bowl.
- - Cook the beef you've chosen.
Beef needs a very short cooking.
You can grill it on both sides very quickly.
You can cook it in a nonstick frying pan in which you have sprayed some olive oil for two minutes on every side.
But remember it must remain in any case pink inside.
Just before serving
- - Remove your beef from the eat and cut immediately into slices as you can see on the photo.
Add beef slices to vegetables.
Season to taste with salt and add olive oil and balsamic vinegar too.
Your beef salad is ready!
- - If you want a tasty recipe you have to choose your ingredients very well.
Your fillet mustn't have visible fat.
Your vegetables must be fragrant and tomatoes ripe but firm.
Green salad must be fresh.
- - Another detail not to be underestimated. Take care to wash and pat dry your vegetables with absorbent kitchen paper, otherwise your dish will be too wet and not very attractive.
- - This beef salad is very tasty but my tip is to prepare it only for your family menu. In fact it is very tasty only when meat is cooked at last minute and your salad served immediately.
Anyway if you want to serve it in your parties in summer I suggest you to substitute beef fillet with roast beef.
Useful links for this recipe
- - You could be interested in roast beef recipe as I've just written above.
- - The lack of this beef salad lies in the amount of meat, I know. The portion of meat recommended by nutritionists is 100 grams per person. In this case I exceeded, I admit it :-(
The fact is that eating meat very rarely, when I insert into my family menu it I prefer good food, a little abundant ... let me say so ...
If you really want to follow the rules of healthy eating you have to know that using the right amount of meat nutrition per serving are:
calories: 284 (1187 kJ)
total fat: 15,7g
while carbs and sugar are the same.
- - Complete your meal with a portion of bread (50g - 1 3/4 ounce).
- - I remember you most nutritionists recommend not to eat too much meat frequently.
- - Fiber per serving: 6,1g
What's the right wine for " Summer beef salad "?
Summer isn't the best period for drinking. My husband and I suggest you a cool beer but if you want to serve wine choose a great white wine such Collio Ribolla Gialla (wine of Friuli) or Greco di Tufo (vino della Campania)
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1