Risotto con uva rosata
Risotto with rosé fresh grapes and sausage Our original home cooking
Risotto is one of the most popular dishes here in the north of Italy. Since my mom was Piedmontese I had learned to do it since I was a child helping her cooking. Now I enjoy inventing new combinations like this risotto in which rosé grapes are paired with sausage. A delight! Not only for me but for all guests of mine who have tasted it.
Ingredients / Serves 3
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) rosé fresh grapes, ripe but firm
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) fresh sausage, crumbles
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 75ml (2 1/2 fluid ounces - 1/3 cup) Grignolino wine (Italian wine from Piedmont)
- 800 - 900ml (1.6 to 1.9 pint - 3 1/3 to 3 3/4 cups) vegetable broth
- 240g (8 1/2 ounces) long-grain, parboiled rice
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 50 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 509 (kcal) 26 % GDA (*)- 2128 (kJ)
Protein: 11.5 (g) 23 % GDA
Total fat: 19.2 (g) 28 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 77.5 (g) 29 % GDA
Sugars: 12.7 (g) 15 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (110 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for risotto with fresh grapes and sausage
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare broth.
Put onion, celery and carrot in abundant salted water.
Let it simmer, 10 to 15 minutes.
Filter your broth and keep boling while you're making your risotto.
- - Prepare risotto.
In a large saucepan, add olive oil, sausage and rice.
Cook until rice looks milky, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add wine and let it be absorbed on medium heat, stirring now and then.
At this point reduce heat and add 2 ladlefuls of vegetable broth.
Simmer until absorbed, stirring now and then.
Continue adding broth, ladle by ladle, until rice is tender.
- - Prepare grapes.
... wash grapes and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
Remove berries from their stalk.
Cut every berry lengthways and pick out seeds, using the tip of a small knife.
Add berries 10 minutes before finish cooking.
Just before serving
- - Turn off the stove.
Add chives too.
Stir with delicacy.
- - Serve after 5 minutes.
- - Buy firm and ripe grapes for best results. If your grapes is too ripe you risk it may be discarded in the rice cooker and at this point it could remain an excess of peels in your rice dish.
- - To cook risotto use the same wine chosen to be paired to your menu.
- - It isn't the case to warm it up and so it is important to use the right amount of ingredients.
- - If you use fresh chives you'll have better results.
- - This grape risotto is a perfect one-plate meal if prepared for your family menu.
On the contrary, if you think to plan a menu for a special occasion with this first course, you can serve more people (up to 6 people).
- - Here's a full menu idea according to the Italian style. The links to recipes in the next paragraph.
Starter: skewers on round loaf would be perfect. Salami are well combined with fresh fruit and you can serve the same wine for risotto: Grignolino. Anyway read our pages dedicated to canapés, crostini or finger food for other ideas.
First course: this grape risotto.
Second course: choose a meat dish. Pot roast beef or veal, meatloaf, terrine, lamb dish, duck ...
Our website is full of recipe ideas! Accompany your meat dish with a side dish made with seasonal vegetables.
Dessert. You should make this risotto with grapes in September or October when grapes is in season. The perfect time to cook a fresh fruit tart or to prepare a fruit salad to be served with chocolate ice-cream amd almonds on top.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here are the suggested recipes. I begin with starter that is skewers on round loaf.
You could be interested in our pages dedicated to crostini, canapes and Italian finger food
This is the link to meat directory to find the recipe you prefer.
And finally my fruit tart recipe
- - Are you interested in other salt or sweet recipes with grapes? Take a look at the link :))
- - If you prepare risotto with grapes and sausage for your family it is one-plate meal. Have you seen its calories? Complete your meal with fresh seasonal fruit.
- - If you decide to prepare it for a special occasion don't worry about calories. It's a rare event, isn't it?
- - Grapes is rich in beneficial properties for the body. Eat when it is in season!
- - Fiber per serving: 1.6 grams
What's the right wine for " Risotto with rosé fresh grapes and sausage "?
My husband and I are very fond of Grignolino (Italian red wine from Piedmont) and enjoy it with this grape risotto.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1