Fish salad on toast ( Crostini con pesce )
Our original home cooking
Crostini topped with fish. Simple and yummy. Just get bread and seafood salad! If you can prepare homemade seafood salad, your croutons will be truly exceptional. I love them and often create fast appetizers with them. Link to seafood salad can be found at the bottom of this page before the suggestion of wine to match. Real Mediterranean diet recipe!
time: 20 minutes
calories: 95 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 8 bread slices
- 200g (7 ounces) seafood salad
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
5 % -
Protein: 8.6 (g) 18 % GDA
Total fat: 2.7 (g) 4 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 9.8 (g) 4 % GDA
Sugars: 0.7 (g) 1 % GDA
cooking: few minutes
total: 20 minutes
Download free PDF version (135 download).
Recipe for crostini with seafood
Preparation and cooking
- - Toast bread slices.
- - Spoon seafood salad on every bread slice.
- - Arrange your crostini on a serving plate.
Just before serving
- - Serve your canapés warm or cold.
- - You can choose a loaf, a baguette or a sandwich bread for your crostini. I think sandwich bread should be the last choice. If you have only it at home I suggest to sprinkle its slices with olive oil and paprika and then toast these slices very well before distributing seafood salad.
In the photo you see I used baguettes with poppy seeds but it is equally good bread with olives or walnuts.
- - Serve these crostini as starter accompanied with other fish food (marinated salmon, shrimp salad, marinated tuna, octopus salad …).
- - Another idea: prepare them as snacks or for a rustic meal, buffet-style.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's my successful homemade seafood salad!
- - To find other recipe ideas for tidbits to combine with these crostini have a look at these directories: Italian antipasto ideas and fish.
- - If you are interested in planning an Italian full menu, read our thematic menus.
What's the right wine for " Fish salad on toast "?
My husband and I like Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi (a wine from Marches) very much to pair to these crostini with seafood on top. But remember wine could be chosen according to other courses too, even if Verdicchio is a wine that matches well with a lot of fish dishes.
If interested in other wines and recipes from Marches, follow the link!