Dedicated to ...
Fall is the season of mushrooms. Wild or cultivated mushrooms. They are the main ingredients of a lot of recipes.
Mushrooms flavor pasta, rice, fish, meat. Besides they accompany second courses very well, in other words they are tasty side dishes. In Italy we also use them for the pizza topping, to make the filling of focaccia (flat bread) or on the top of crostini and canapés.
But you must know mushrooms very well to clean, preserve and cook them correctly.
Muschrooms: description, nutritive values, other names, buying, cleaning, preserving and cooking.
Read the pages dedicated to the following mushroom species:
Below you can read a collection of mushroom recipe ideas. Some of them are our original home cooking and others are traditional Italian recipes.
Pasta and rice recipe ideas with fresh, dried or frozen mushrooms and mushrooms in oil.
- Pasta salad with quail eggs our original home cooking; quail eggs, peas, white mushrooms in oil, sweet & sour bell peppers are enough to prepare a tasty pasta salad
- Pasta salad with Buffalo Mozzarella our original home cooking; special pasta dish with porcino (bolete) mushrooms in oil for a buffet menu suitable all year
- Cold pasta with shrimps, potatoes, green beans and mushrooms our original home cooking; this tasty pasta salad is rich in ingredients ...
- Traditional rice salad this is the traditional Italian rice salad with a lot of ingredients among them a lot of mushrooms in oil
- Paella authentic Spanish recipe with fish, meat, vegetables and mushrooms that flavor rice
- Mushrooms risotto traditional recipe of risotto (rice) with fresh or dried porcino mushroom also called cep or boletus or punny ben
- Christmas risotto our original home cooking; risotto with mushrooms, chestnuts and sausage
- Neapolitan macaroni timbale elaborated Neapolitan recipe; baked pasta with a rich filling
- Savoy cabbage and lentil soupour original home cooking for an healthy weekly menu
- Fettuccine with chicken livers and wild mushrooms porcino mushrooms (punny ben) and chicken livers are the main ingredients
- Pappardelle with mushrooms and peas our original home cooking, the sauce is without tomatoes and cream for an healthy eating
- Carrettiera spaghetti planning a special occasion menu? this is the sauce to combine with spaghetti your guests will like very much with tuna in oil, bacon and mushrooms
- Italian short pasta with turkey and mushrooms our original home cooking; this sauce is very simple and made with white muhrooms and turkey breast
- Mushroom tagliatelle our original home cooking; tagliatelle are combined with mushroom-and-tomato sauce flavored with pumpkin
- Emmer tagliatelle with chantarelle and chestnuts Emmer tagliatelle with chanterelle-and-chestnut sauce. A typical mushroom recipe idea for fall dinner party
- Large ravioli with scampi our original home cooking; (only-member area)
Meat and fish recipe ideas with fresh or frozen mushrooms
- Lamb with mushrooms and potatoes our original home cooking; tasy second course with lamb accompanied by assorted mushrooms and potatoes
- Autumnal turkey breast roll our original home cooking; the turkey breast in a piece is filled with seasonal vegetables, rolled up and cooked with assorted mushrooms
- Turkey roll filled with frankfurter an mushrooms in oil our original home cooking; white mushrooms in oil are an ingredient of the fillingi
- Fillet steaks with mushrooms & potatoes our original home cooking; fillet steak is cooked together with fresh or frozen assorted mushrooms; low fat recipe
- Poussin with mushrooms our original home cooking; poussins are cooked in a very simple way together with fresh or frozen assorted mushrooms; low fat recipe
- Stockfish with mushrooms traditional recipe of Calabria in which stockfish is cooked together with fresh porcino mushrooms (ceps) or other fresh mushrooms
Side-dish recipe ideas with fresh or frozen mushrooms
Other recipe ideas with dried, fresh or frozen mushrooms
- Polenta and mushrooms our original home cooking; we show you how we make polenta and fresh wild mushrooms
- Mushrooms in oil the traditional recipe to preserve wild mushrooms in oil
- Autumnal pie savory pie filled with mushrooms and cabbage, a fall recipe you can also make in winter with frozen mushrooms